HARRY .

The place to talk about everything
Lena & Harry Smith

HARRY .

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:01 am

So sorry, It has been a while since we posted on the forum due to circumstances, but it's with sadness and deep sorrow now to tell you that Harry who has been extremely ill these last few months passed away last night. I am devastated as you can imagine, and particularly Matt and his family all those of you who are Matt's fans have given us so much pleasure with your posts over the years and helped to bring happiness in both our lives. Thank you very much...Lena xxx

john

Re: HARRY .

Post by john » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:30 am

We are also devastated this morning Lena. I know how poorly he has been over the last few weeks. Harry was such a lovely man, so kind and happy to always help out. You were both so kind to me whenever I have been to stay with you, We had unforgettable times and so many laughs and I thank you both for that. I have said it before, but you are both more like family to me as well as being such wonderful friends. Thinking of you at this very sad time and Harry will always be in our thoughts. xxx

karl

Post by karl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 am

Lena I was deeply saddened to read this, I did not realise Harry was ill now I know why your posts have been fewer.
We have never met but your humour and personality shone through.
It's never a good time to lose anyone but at Christmas it's even worse so I will remember you and Harry in my prayers tonight.
Sending you a hug!

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:15 am

What can we say John. Thank you for all your calls and particularly the one this morning. We regard you as family after all these years that we have known each other and specially on your visits that we always enjoyed, and the laughs we have had trying to balance the camera to get a shot of us all.
I seems a long way away now but Harry was so fond of you and grateful for your friendship, and we know it will continue. …..love Lena xx

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 am

Thank you very much Karl .
You are so right, things such as this always feel worse at this time of year, but I do appreciate your kind words. Recent weeks have been specially difficult as Harry's treatment wasn't giving the response we were hoping for, and I feel somewhat relieved that he is now out of pain regardless of the help he was given during his last few days.
Thank again Karl.....Love Lena xx

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:35 am

Dear Lena what a truly sad day. You and Harry ,along with John and Marion and Peter were the lifeline of this marvellous forum and to meet you both was the icing on the cake of our long time love affair for all things Matt Monro. So much knowledge of so many artistes,so much humour in your words,so much kindness to others Harry was a true gent.
Thinking of you Lena.Sandra and John xx

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:38 am

Lena we were so sad to learn that Harry has passed away. We were very fortunate to meet you both at the book signing at Ronnie Scott's. We shared a laugh with you both along with other forum members who all share the same love for Matt. It was a wonderful evening and one we will always remember. Love to you and your family xx

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Thank you Sandra and John. Harry and myself were also very happy at having the pleasure of meeting you both at Matt's meet ups too. What great times they were to remember and as we know, memories are all we are left with.
Thanks again Sandra. Love.
Lena xx

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Thank you Maureen and Harry. We loved meeting you both at that evening at Ronnie Scotts. it was a great evening. In fact we loved all the meet ups and we had the opportunity of meeting celebs and singers who all happily gave time for us.
It has truly been great being part of the forum here and it has meant a lot to Harry too. Thanks again Maureen and Harry.
Love ...Lena xx

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi Lena, such terrible news to read about the passing of your beloved Harry :cry: :cry: ...…..Lena, you and Harry were the King and Queen of the MM forum and always will be …………...my thoughts are with you Lena at this very sad time :cry: :cry: ...………...Robert xx
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:05 pm

Condolences to you Lena on the passing away of Harry. May he rest in peace.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:05 pm

Hello Lena,

I'm so sad to hear about Harry. You're in my thoughts and I'm sending you my condolences. I enjoyed all my times with Harry at the three Fans Reunited. I usually found myself outside talking with him about music and England. He welcomed me to this group like he knew me his whole life. He told me about the Italian crooners and I always think of Harry when I play Jerry Vale, Al Martino, and From Russia with Love (his favourite Matt Monro song), just as I think of you with Can This Be Love, your favourite. He was always so gracious and kind -- a real gentleman. We started the tradition of going for fish and chips the night before Fans Reunited. You and Harry suggested the restaurant in London for the third Fans Reunited. Afterwards he took us on a tour of London in his black cab. He was so proud to show us all the sites along with an expert commentary. A memory I will always cherish.

Angela51

Post by Angela51 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:59 am

Hello Lena,
I am not on here very often, but my Sincere Condolences in your loss of
Harry. I do remember, many, may years ago when we first met. We had
some lovely laughs and chats. You were both very kind and caring.
Take care yourself Lena....R.I.P. Harry
Lots of Love... Angela

jon

Post by jon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Dear Lena
I'm ashamed to say I have only just read your news of Harry's death. I haven't been able to post much recently due to pressure of work and other things but please accept my sincere condolences on this very sad news. Harry, like yourself, was a dedicated user of this site and contributed many interesting posts and displayed an impressive knowledge of Matt's and other artists' music. I hope that you, Lena, will feel able to continue doing this in memory of Harry, which I am sure will be appreciated by everyone on here. With best wishes.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:08 am

Robert, Eman, Paul, Angie and Jon, I just want to apologise and say how sorry I am for not replying to your kind messages concerning Harry's passing, but to each and every one of you on the forum I want to say a big thank you for all your kind words and thoughts that have truly meant so much to me.
It has been a difficult and stressful time and having to cope with living alone is something quite new and doesn't come easy, but I have family and friends support of which I am grateful, and hopefully will find more time to post on the forum.
Again, Thank you so much.

Return to “The Lounge”