MARIAN DOYLE

The place to talk about everything
Sandra

Re: MARIAN DOYLE

Post by Sandra » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 am

What lovely memories Paul. Thank you for putting them all in to words. We will always remember that evening walking back to our hotel with you and Marian and John singing Matt songs.A balmy night and we were on such a high after the wonderful time at EMI. We think our hotel was off the Cromwell Road .We turned off before you.
Like you,sadly we were also too shy to push our autograph book under the likes of Sir George Martin,Anita Harris,Buddy Greco ,Esther Rantzen and the like.
Wonderful memories and the newly bought autograph book remained untouched :(

karl

Post by karl » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:03 am

Sandra wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 am
What lovely memories Paul. Thank you for putting them all in to words. We will always remember that evening walking back to our hotel with you and Marian and John singing Matt songs.A balmy night and we were on such a high after the wonderful time at EMI. We think our hotel was off the Cromwell Road .We turned off before you.
Like you,sadly we were also too shy to push our autograph book under the likes of Sir George Martin,Anita Harris,Buddy Greco ,Esther Rantzen and the like.
Sandra that's too bad you were all too shy to meet the celebrities, I have met several over the years and they
were great. I have not met Anita Harris but a friend has several times and she is very friendly. Next time take the plunge and get that autograph book used!

john

Post by john » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Sandra wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 am
I was also too shy to get autographs Sandra, but I do remember that your John asked Esther if she would have a photo taken with me and she happily did. I did pluck up the courage to go over to Anita Harris, she was lovely and asked if I had met her before as I was familiar. I asked if she would have a photo taken with me and she of course said yes and I think Jonn also took that photo too. I do remember Kenny Lynch coming over and John took one of all three of us. Then she gave me a kiss. Lovely lady.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:18 pm

I was sorry to hear that Marian had passed away, but not seeing her posting on Facebook for a while made John and I began to think the worst, and then John had confirmation and rang me with the news that we had suspected.
Marian loved her music and we exchanged so much between us all around that time, and we have many happy memories of our meet ups and the celebrities who were present at the EMI. They were so friendly and
I did get to have photographs taken with Anita Harris who was just lovely and Buddy Greco and yes even Eric ( Buballa ) Hall. ( Don't know if I've spelt it correct.
We remember the Fish and Chips supper evening where we took photographs and one of them was Marian with a huge dessert placed in front of her and the biggest smile ever on her face, and that was how I would like to remember her. She was a very special lady and it was a privilege to have known her.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Lovely to hear peoples memories of the lovely Marian ……and especially the memories Paul shared with us :) ......…Paul you nearly got my name correct, as the W is M upside down :wink: :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Gray

Post by Gray » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all managing to keep safe and healthy.
I am so sorry it has been some time since I visited.
Paul got in touch to tell me the sad news regarding Marian.

I have such fond memories of Marian from the Forum and the Friend Reunited Events, her enthusiasm and kindness made a big impression on me. She really took the time to show an interest in my children.
And then all of you good people came to mind, and I realised how fortunate I am to have met, or conversed, with you all.

Rest In Peace, Marian.
And Thanks everyone, keep safe,

Gray

john

Post by john » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Nice to hear from you Gray. :)

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi Graham. Nice to hear from you and hope you, Amanda and the girls are well.
Yes, we have some nice memories of Marian. She was a staunch Matt Monro fan and she loved those times when we able to meet up.

Gray

Post by Gray » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:44 pm

HI John, Hi Lena!

Nice to speak with you both again! :)

Return to “The Lounge”