MARIAN DOYLE

The place to talk about everything
karl

MARIAN DOYLE

Post by karl » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:44 am

I just heard that Marian passed away at the end of February.
May she rest in peace.

maureen & harry

Re: MARIAN DOYLE

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:11 am

Thanks Karl for telling us about Marian.

We were fortunate to meet her and Peter many years ago and in the early days she was the administrator on the forum and she helped us if we had any queries.

Rest in peace Marian.

john

Post by john » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:03 pm

maureen & harry wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:11 am

We were fortunate to meet her and Peter many years ago and in the early days she was the administrator on the forum and she helped us if we had any queries.

Rest in peace Marian.
This is the other Marian, Maureen and Harry. Marian Doyle, who married again a couple of years ago and became Marian Priestley. I think her username was Mariana44 here on the forum so as not to confuse with Marian and Peter. Marian and Peter are both well.

It was very sad about Marian(a), a very nice lady. R.I.P.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Thank you John for letting us know and now you have mentioned it, we remember the confusion at the time.

Apologies to Marian & Peter and are pleased to hear that they are both keeping well.

RIP Mariana

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Thank you for telling us about Marian(a) .We enjoyed spending time with her at the MM wonderful meets.
We wonder if American Paul knows as they got on famously.

RIP Marian xxx

karl

Post by karl » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:22 pm

maureen & harry wrote:

Rest in peace Marian.
Sorry for the confusion I forgot about Marian(a) having the extra A, was that to avoid confusion with the other Marian who also no longer posts?

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Such very sad news......Marian was such a lovely lady but had been in very poor health later in life ………..RIP dear Mariana44...…...the MM forum will miss you very much …………...Marian was a very big Johnny Mathis fan …………….. :( :( :( :(
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

john

Post by john » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:55 pm

karl wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:22 pm
maureen & harry wrote:

Rest in peace Marian.
Sorry for the confusion I forgot about Marian(a) having the extra A, was that to avoid confusion with the other Marian who also no longer posts?
Yes, I think so Karl.

john

Post by john » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:00 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:59 pm
Such very sad news......Marian was such a lovely lady but had been in very poor health later in life ………..RIP dear Mariana44...…...the MM forum will miss you very much …………...Marian was a very big Johnny Mathis fan …………….. :( :( :( :(
Yes, she was lovely Robert. I remember when I first met her in 2007 at the second Matt get together and we both stayed at The Premier Inn (at least I think it was The Premier). Paul from America stayed there too, and I think Angela stayed there as well and we got told off for talking too loudly in the reception after coming back from the venue. We never forgot that. I met her a further 3 times after that. Happy times.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Did you manage to get in touch with Paul John?

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:30 pm

RIP Mariana. The last I heard from her was that she was in a home according to what she posted on FB. I assumed all was well when she would comment back to me every now and then. She was a warm, wonderful and caring person even if I only gotten to know her through the internet.

john

Post by john » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Sandra wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:24 pm
Did you manage to get in touch with Paul John?
I haven't got his email address Sandra, I have sent him a message through the forum and hope he may pick it up sometime.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Thanks everyone for letting me know about Marian. This is such sad news.

Yes, Sandra, we did get on famously. We had such fun at the three Fans Reunited. We were always on the same trivia team and stayed at the same hotel. I just can't recall where we stayed for the third Fans Reunited. I can't even recall the neighbourhood. Do you remember Sandra? I remember the four of us walking back to the hotel with John singing Matt Monro songs.

And John (from Blackpool), yes, we did get scolded for making too much noise in the Hayes Premier Travel Inn! We had just returned from the delicious fish and chips dinner with Lena and Harry. We were chatting about the forum and Matt Monro and so excited about Fans Reunited the next day.

Marian was always so enthusiastic about the forum and music. Gray and I would refer to her as Marian (Johnny Mathis) and Marian from Reading as Marian (Jack Jones). I'll let Gray know about Marian's passing.

She loved Johnny Mathis. I'm listening to the CDs she sent me. One was so special as it consisted of Matt Monro singing a song (like Time after Time, Hello Young Lovers, I Have Dreamed) following by Johnny Mathis singing the same song. Such a neat idea and I will always cherish that CD and my memories of her. She also loved musicals, especially Evita and Carousel. She sent me CDs of those two musicals in so many different languages! She also sent DVDs of anytime Gabrielle appeared on a British TV show as she knew I loved her. The DVDs would just arrive in my mail completely unexpected.

Two memories have just come back...

In the old days of the forum, we posted all the time and sent congratulations messages when we reached a new level. She loved to post and was one of the top posters. Lena and Harry were always #1, then it was a tossup between Robert W, Marian from Reading, and John. At one point, Mariana got really close to Lena's number. I recall that she slowed down in her posts, because all of us wanted Lena and Harry to be #1 for all time. Marian was always so thoughtful and kind (as is everyone on the forum).

The second memory was at the EMI party. She was so bold and I was terribly shy to meet the celebrities. She walked up to everyone to get their signatures, but I just couldn't. She knew that I loved Robbie Williams's music. So she brought his father to our table so I could meet him and talk to him about his son's music. I remember he agreed with me on just how sublime many of his songs were.

So many special memories.

Rest in peace, Marian.
Last edited by paul jh on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john

Post by john » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 am

Special memories Paul.

karl

Post by karl » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:38 am

Nice message from Paul.

That must have been some hotel if you couldn't talk in reception, who were you going to disturb in that area?

I can see the headlines Matt Monro fans arrested for breach of the peace!!! :D

Return to “The Lounge”