Agreeing with Michelle

The place to talk about everything
karl

Agreeing with Michelle

Post by karl » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:32 pm

I agree with Michelle's remarks about people flocking to beaches and parks. Unfortunately you just cannot get through to some people and in my past job at the Jobcentre I encountered people like that who's only thought was ME ME ME!

I have had two shows cancelled this year and my trip to the States. I thought it would be safe to go in October but it seems
Florida & Texas are spiking so I have decided to abandon my plans and hopefully can make it in 2021.

Since March apart from a few neighbours I have seen no one to talk to unless you work in Sainsburys. I am what they call
the vulnerable age so have been staying home apart from grocery shops. Restrictions are easing slightly but I am still being
cautious, this is one way I DO NOT want to go. I miss my friends and family but thank God we all have phones.

Personally I will be glad to see the back of this year as I'm sure most of us will.

Stay safe, wear your mask on the bus or in the shops and keep your distance.

john

Re: Agreeing with Michelle

Post by john » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:06 am

I agree as well Karl, it is madness.

karl

Post by karl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 am

john wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:06 am
I agree as well Karl, it is madness.
My nephew who is a very good natured man told an older man twice to back off whilst in line
at the supermarket, even an assistant at the door shook her head saying some people never learn.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Absolutely Michele,Karl and John we seem to have bred a lot of me me types over the years.Very sad.
This weekend will be a worrying eye opener but the weather forecast shouldn't mean anyone will be flocking to the beach .
Like you Karl our shows and holidays were cancelled although only in this country these days.
We use the coach companies for the longer journeys like Devon and Dorset and they have started to send out brochures starting in September. Their is no way we would even think about this year and will hope for the best in 2021 :?

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:16 pm

About 90 per cent do social distance but the other ten per cent are probably too thick to understand the consequences of not social distancing !!!!
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:01 am

An interview with a large crowd of I suppose mainly younger people milling around a bar in Cleethorpes over the weekend quote '' There's not any corona round 'ere'' sums it up really :roll:

john

Post by john » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:03 am

I read yesterday some pubs had to close already due to behavior problems, doesn't surprise me.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:50 am

Sandra wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:01 am
An interview with a large crowd of I suppose mainly younger people milling around a bar in Cleethorpes over the weekend quote '' There's not any corona round 'ere'' sums it up really :roll:
Did you see those idiots especially the girl who said those stupid words on Look North Sandra :)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:03 am

ROBERT M. wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:50 am
Sandra wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:01 am
Did you see those idiots especially the girl who said those stupid words on Look North Sandra :)
I did Robert- even Peter Levy commented on what she had to say. Me me me I'm all right Jack sprang to mind :(

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm

I don't think youngsters actually understand how serious it is...…….they think they are safe from it (especially when they have had a few drinks) !!

karl

Post by karl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:50 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm
I don't think youngsters actually understand how serious it is...…….they think they are safe from it (especially when they have had a few drinks) !!
I think the majority of youngers do, even children. The one's who don't are brainless.
Even my friends 3 year old grand-daughter said to him "Are You Allowed To Come Into My House" ?

Return to “The Lounge”