Brian Matthew. " Sounds Of The Sixties"

News, Sports, Films, TV, Arts, Entertainment and Events
paul jh

Re: Brian Matthew. " Sounds Of The Sixties"

Post by paul jh » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:04 pm

How many of you miss this programme on Saturday mornings? I loved Brian Matthew's voice and his selection of some rare gems.

I'm planning a sing-along of songs of the 1960s in my apartment building. I did the '50s on Monday night and my neighbours loved it, but the baby boomers are clamouring for the "60s.

I'm thinking of calling it Sounds of the Sixties in honour of Mr Matthew.

karl

Post by karl » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:32 am

paul jh wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:04 pm
How many of you miss this programme on Saturday mornings? I loved Brian Matthew's voice and his selection of some rare gems.

I'm planning a sing-along of songs of the 1960s in my apartment building. I did the '50s on Monday night and my neighbours loved it, but the baby boomers are clamouring for the "60s.

I'm thinking of calling it Sounds of the Sixties in honour of Mr Matthew.
The programme is still running but now goes out at 6am hosted by Tony Blackburn. I miss Brian Matthew and the music he played but I was fortunate to have several requests played over the years and I still have my "SOTS" T shirt which they stopped sending years ago. Brian was a legend!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:33 pm

Good idea Paul calling it Sounds of The Sixties ….. Brian Matthew had such warm friendly welcoming unique voice …….another well known former DJ Pete Murray is now aged 98 😀
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Return to “Entertainment World”