THE BOOK LAUNCH 27 01 2010

All news and announcements regarding publication of 'The Singer's Singer'
Marian

THE BOOK LAUNCH 27 01 2010

Post by Marian » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 am

I'm sure every member of the forum would join me in this wish for a spectacular launch for your book tomorrow Michele.
Even if we cannot be there in person, we will all be there wishing you well and for ever success for The Singers Singer. :D

ROBERT M.

Re: THE BOOK LAUNCH 27 01 2010

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:34 am

I'll drink to that Marian :) :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Yes, I would loved to have been there, but circu mstances have made it imposssible--but I will be thinking of Lena, Harry and John-who I know will be there, plus any others who may get along---plus of course MICHELE---hope you have a great evening.
Last edited by mariana44 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariana

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 pm

At last I met,Peter&Marian who were with Harry&Lena and Sandra&her husband-a lovely evening in a room full of love for Matt Monro and his family. First time meeting Michele and Matt Jr.,a great pleasure and renewing friendship with Eric Hall-
Chatted to so many including vocalist Gary Grace and his lovely wife and a chance meeting with Helen Shapiro and her husband John.
Congratulations on the fabulous book to Michele for writing it and Titan Books for a splendid job and wonderful Launch Party.
Many Thanks. :D
Last edited by Mark Fox on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Cooper

Post by Don Cooper » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Heartening to learn The Launch went splendidly.

Out of interest, did Robert Elms happen to attend? His support has done much in the
media-dahlings circuit to bring Matt to the attention of those who might otherwise believe Our
Hero was just another cabaret-crooner...

Don

( Shapiro.Hall.The Bolan connections abound ) :wink:
Matt : Smooth, but not Glossy...

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:51 pm

A Brilliant evening Michele, thank you so much for the chance to be a part of it all.
I know I told some of you I would not be able to be there, but thanks to the very kind offer from Harry and Lena to ferry us both ways between the train station and the venue, we couldn't miss the chance to join in.
We arrived early together with Lena, Harry and John, and had nearly an hour to fill as we were not allowed into Ronnie Scott's until 6pm.
Harry so kindly once again came up trumps, giving us a night-time tour of famous London landmarks, taking in his stride the busy evening traffic.
When the Book Launch celebration began it was so special to meet up again with Michele, Matt Jnr, Max, and Richard, and to meet for the first time Sandra and John, Maureen and Harry, Sue Parker and Mark and Margaret, not to mention my chance encounter with Helen Shapiro in "the Ladies"!
Lovely also to meet June Marlow a fabulously elegant lady who was so obviously enjoying her evening too.
Also great to see Colin Keyes back on form after his recent illness.
After the speeches from Titan, a very moving speech from Michele, and a brief word of thanks from Matt Jnr, he treated us to three numbers, Colin on piano, everyone joining in with gusto to the resounding chorus of "Change the World"!
Both the regular and special editions of the book were there, and Michele had kindly arranged that pre ordered special editions could be collected and signed on the evening. The queue for these special items was long and winding. Michele spent a long time signing books, chatting with everyone and posing for photographs. Richard was also happy to sign the special reserve book and CD he and Michele have produced so wonderfully.
We all said our goodbyes with the evening drawing to a close, and then we all made our various ways off into the London night, having all enjoyed being there for a really special evening.
So pleased it all went so successfully.
Marian and Peter :D :D

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:51 pm

There's little more that we could add to Marian's description of this very special event. :)
It was a privilege to be there, and on our arrival to be welcomed with drinks, and to be surrounded by a room packed with friends, relatives and celebrities, who simply wanted to share the admiration that they felt for Matt's family and in particular the daughter of this country's finest ever vocalist, an atmosphere that we will long remember.
After the last Three and a half years, and after the recent endless interviews on radio stations and magazines to promote the book, at last this evening had arrived.
Michele made a moving speech about the book. Matt Jnr entertained us with songs that had us moving at a faster pace than probably Marian and myself in particular had moved for weeks, and assisted by Sandra. :) fantastic !!!!
Cameras seemed to be working overtime, Matt Jnr was chatting to us all and signing our books, and Richard was signing the special reserve book, and the queue was forming for the book, with Michele once again there for photos with each and every one and for signing the book.
John and ourselves were delighted that we were able to collect our books, thanks to Michele, and couldnt resist taking our first glance when we got back home after a truly great evening. :) :)
Thanks a million Michele and to all those who made this evening the success it was. :)

john

Post by john » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

It was indeed a lovely evening last night, it just went too quickly. Thankyou Lena and Harry for a wonderful couple of days stay, can I book again soon? :lol: Lovely to see Marian and Peter again. It was great to meet Sandra and John for the first time, such a lovely couple. It was also lovely to see Maureen and Harry again after about 12 years, we last met in Blackpool in the late nineties. I am glad you remembered me, Maureen and Harry. :lol:
Michele, you did a wonderful job last night, you made everyone so welcome and I thank you for inviting me to such a special evening. I can't wait to get started on the book, I did take a sneak preview of The Special Reserve while I was in bed last night. In fact, it took me about 3 hours to get to sleep last night due to the excitement of all the evening.
Great to see Matt again, he also put on an excellent mini show for us all. He even said to me I look younger now than I did all those years ago. The cheque is in the post Matt. :lol: :lol:
Thanks also to Richard for everything you have done, I didn't envy you having to catch the train back to Blackpool last night.
All in all, thanks to everyone concerned for such a wonderful evening to remember. :D

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:53 pm

We totally endorse all the wonderful comments made about the Book Launch last night.

It was a privilege to be there and we were thrilled to meet and put faces to the names of the forum members who we have long regarded as friends and to personally say thank you for all your help and support whenever we need it. It was really good to see John again after such a long time and hope that we can all meet again in the future.

We can't thank Michele enough for giving us such a wonderful opportunity and meeting her was something we have wanted to do for such a long time. It was great also to say hello again to Matt Jnr and Colin. We loved the performance given by Matt and like everyone there joined in with gusto!

We also got to say thank you to Richard for all his hard work and to tell him how much we value everything he does.

Maureen & Harry :D :D :D :D :D :D

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Here we are again! We want to say thank you to John for telling us about the private email facility on the forum and to apologise to anyone who has sent us one in the past that we didn't reply to and the only reason we didn't was because we didn't realise it was there!

Like we said last night we have learned a lot from using the forum so thank you all once again for all your advice.

Maureen & Harry :oops: :oops:

john

Post by john » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Maureen and Harry. I am pleased you found it. :lol:

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 am

There is nothing more than we can add to all your wonderful words.
An amazing experience and we were SO priveleged to be there and to meet ALL OF YOU put the icing on the cake.
From the moment we arrived we felt part of something very special.
It was extra special too to meet Michele and Richard and to hear Matt entertain us.
Our dash back to Lincoln the next morning .Our quick turn around to head for Nottingham for the 'Strictly Dancing' tour which although super paled into insignificance after the excitement of the previous evening!
Thankyou :D :D :D

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:43 am

Nice to read your reviews of the book launch and I'm pleased it went so well. Thanks for the reports. :)

A little birdie told me that Bobby Crush was there. I had never heard of him until a year ago when Ken Bruce said that he played the piano on Daniel Merriweather's hit "Change" from last year. I'm curious whether Mr Crush ever played on any Matt Monro sessions or live shows.

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:20 am

There's a photo of Bobby Crush on Michele's link lower down 0n "Websites" Paul.
I would never have recognised him from his younger days. He was a popular pianist at one time. :D
I'm pretty sure I have a programme somewhere when he and Matt appeared on the same bill.
I expect he is mentioned in "The Book".

Marian :D

john

Post by john » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:38 am

When I saw Matt Jnr in Swansea in 1996 at the Old Time Music Hall, Bobby Crush was also appearing there.

Return to “The Singer Singer”