Help and advice choosing Matts cds.

Post your site problems, questions or comments
Trevor Parker.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:49 pm

My passion with Matts music are the ballads. I particularly like the film themes and songs written by Don Black. I have the following cds Matt at the Movies 3cd box set. The Singers Singer 4cd set. Matt Monro sings Don Black. A Time for Love. Rare Monro. For the Present/ The Other Side of the Stars. Can anyone recommend anymore mainly ballad cds? Are there anymore film themes or Don Black out there? Also does anyone know if its possible to obtain the cd The Very Best of Perry Como and Matt Monro in the u.k? I think this was originally issued by J&B in Australia.

john

Post by john » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Trevor, one cd I can particularly recommend is "The Rare Monro", (2 cd set) which I know is a favourite amongst us all, and cd one especially has a lot of lovely ballads on it. As far as the "Very Best of Matt and Perry Como" is concerned I have never seen a copy on these shores.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 pm

john, Trevor mentions the Rare Monro in his post :wink: Trevor, most of Matts albums have a mixture of up tempo songs and ballads................but I am like you and I LOVE Matt singing those beautiful ballads.................Matts voice is truly outstanding singing ballads :D
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

john

Post by john » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Yes, I have just spotted that, Robert. :wink: I still recommend it anyway. :wink: 8) :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:28 am

The Readers Digest Box set 'Yesterdays' has one CD dedicated to songs from stage and screen Trevor. There are three CDs that all contain contain many lovely ballads.
I was recently lucky to find a copy of Complete Heartbreakers (2 CDs) which has 38 songs by Matt, a beautiful selection of love songs.
Also Songs of Love, a 3 CD box set has many of Matt's well known ballads as well as a few not so well known ones.
My top two selections are not easy to find.
There are many, many more out there. :D :D :D :D
Marian :wink:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Thinking about this overnight, apart from disc one of the Rare Monro, the other favourite album of mine by Matt which contains just ballads is The Late Late Show which is a 2on1 release along with These Years.
The track listing for The Late Late Show is-

If She Should Come to You
When I Fall in Love
Maria
Hello Young Lovers
September Song
Time After Time
This Is all I Ask
I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
Days of Wine and Roses
The Shadow of Your Smile
Autumn Leaves
The Party's Over
A few of the above mentioned songs are on the Singers Singer 4 box set.................but not all of them :wink: :D Matt sings all of these songs to perfection. Matts voice was at it most brilliant best in the mid sixties, as I'm sure you will know by just listening to all of these songs. Matts recordings do NOT get any better than those songs mentioned above. Pure perfection 8) 8) :D :D

Trevor Parker.

Thank you very much John, very helpful.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:44 pm

john wrote:Trevor, one cd I can particularly recommend is "The Rare Monro", (2 cd set) which I know is a favourite amongst us all, and cd one especially has a lot of lovely ballads on it. As far as the "Very Best of Matt and Perry Como" is concerned I have never seen a copy on these shores.

Trevor Parker.

Many thanks Robert.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:45 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:john, Trevor mentions the Rare Monro in his post :wink: Trevor, most of Matts albums have a mixture of up tempo songs and ballads................but I am like you and I LOVE Matt singing those beautiful ballads.................Matts voice is truly outstanding singing ballads :D

Trevor Parker.

Thank You.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:46 pm

john wrote:Yes, I have just spotted that, Robert. :wink: I still recommend it anyway. :wink: 8) :lol:

Trevor Parker.

Thank you Marian, very helpful information.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:49 pm

Marian wrote:The Readers Digest Box set 'Yesterdays' has one CD dedicated to songs from stage and screen Trevor. There are three CDs that all contain contain many lovely ballads.
I was recently lucky to find a copy of Complete Heartbreakers (2 CDs) which has 38 songs by Matt, a beautiful selection of love songs.
Also Songs of Love, a 3 CD box set has many of Matt's well known ballads as well as a few not so well known ones.
My top two selections are not easy to find.
There are many, many more out there. :D :D :D :D
Marian :wink:

Trevor Parker.

Thank you Robert , I will check it out.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:51 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:Thinking about this overnight, apart from disc one of the Rare Monro, the other favourite album of mine by Matt which contains just ballads is The Late Late Show which is a 2on1 release along with These Years.
The track listing for The Late Late Show is-

If She Should Come to You
When I Fall in Love
Maria
Hello Young Lovers
September Song
Time After Time
This Is all I Ask
I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
Days of Wine and Roses
The Shadow of Your Smile
Autumn Leaves
The Party's Over
A few of the above mentioned songs are on the Singers Singer 4 box set.................but not all of them :wink: :D Matt sings all of these songs to perfection. Matts voice was at it most brilliant best in the mid sixties, as I'm sure you will know by just listening to all of these songs. Matts recordings do NOT get any better than those songs mentioned above. Pure perfection 8) 8) :D :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks for re-posting those "quotes" from us all Trevor, but haven't you anything to tell us about our choices :wink: :lol: or are you still trying to get the hang of this MM website :wink: :lol:

Trevor Parker.

I dont know how to reply properly Robert. Help please.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:26 am

ROBERT M. wrote:Thanks for re-posting those "quotes" from us all Trevor, but haven't you anything to tell us about our choices :wink: :lol: or are you still trying to get the hang of this MM website :wink: :lol:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:50 pm

Oh, now I see Trevor :wink:

1. At the bottom of the posts pages is "Post Reply" 2. Click on that, then a white window for posting your replies appears. 3. When you have typed your reply in the window, click on "Submit" under the window, then hey presto, your post will be added :)

Trevor Parker.

Post by Trevor Parker. » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:19 am

I am trying to get the hang of knowing how to use the web site. So apologies to John, Robert and Marian for not replying properly to your messages. Robert has now put me right. Thank you for your help regarding the best cds for ballads I shall check out what you mention. Marian I would like to know more about the Readers Digest box set ( 3cds ) and Complete Heartbreakers (2cds )Where did you find your copies of these? Advice on where to look please. Thank you all again for your recommendations. Robert when I read the two lines. My Tears will fall now that your"e gone and I can"t help but cry but I must go on I thought you were giving me the titles of two cds. Stupid me of course its two lines from Walk Away which is my favourite song. Do excuse me I must concentrate more. Robert tell me how to delete the message for the sale of The Singers Singer, I have decided to keep it. I dont know why I thought of selling it in the first place
Best Wishes to you all.

Return to “Site feedback”