The Blue Plaque Scheme ?

Post your site problems, questions or comments
Marty

The Blue Plaque Scheme ?

Post by Marty » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:02 am

I hope i'm not being insensitive for asking, but...

I was wondering if there were any plans to nominate Matt for one of English Heritage's Blue Plaques?

The website below explains the system

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/nav.1495

Also

I was interested, as i'm in London for a couple of days next week for a Palladium show and being rather camera happy was looking for Matt related locations to visit and snap, and felt sure I could find Matt's contribution to the capital mentioned somewhere on the web, but my search was in vain.

Any suggestions?
Look For Small Pleasures

Marty

Gray

Post by Gray » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:36 pm

Hi Marty,

I'm a country-bumpkin so I can't help you with London I'm afraid.

But I am intrigued to know if you will be an Equador, Ivory Coast, Costa Rican or Argentinian fan for the summer (after England, of course!)

Sorry for being nosey, but just out of interest, are you going to any games?

Gray

Marty

Hello Gray

Post by Marty » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:33 am

I have to (reluctantly) be a fan of the hosts for the duration of their competition (she's kill me if I wasn't) but hopefully the German squad will be safely tucked up in bed watching England shine in the later parts of the competition. (providing of course a possible second round match doesn't have to rely on penalties)

After England, who I really believe have an excellent chance of lifting the trophy, the team I am most eager to watch is the Dutch, similar mental attitude to the competition, especially given their rivalry with Germany too.

There is an Argentina game up here in Hamburg, which may be a possibility, no chance of getting to an England game (unless I can beg steal or borrow a final ticket, which if it happens will be a priority) but the big screen at St Pauli should ensure some atmosphere among the ex pats over here.
Look For Small Pleasures

Marty

Gray

Post by Gray » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi Marty

Sorry it's taken me some time to reply, just had half a dozen minor catastrophies at home to sort out, illness, tragedy and worst of all...the pc crashed! aarrrggghhhh!!!!! :shock:

Gosh, how wonderful for you to be in Germany this summer, just to be in the atmosphere of the World Cup will be great, I'm sure.
Can't wait for the competition to start, I really hope England do well.
If the World Cup is half as good as Japan 02 it will be a great 4 weeks or so.
I always enjoy watching the Dutch play footy, but I fancy the Brazilians to win (obvious I know).

Anyway, thanks for replying!

Gray

Gray

Post by Gray » Tue May 09, 2006 9:37 pm

Hi Marty,

Tragedy of tragedies - we've no Rooney...is there any point England turning up? :(
I see the Dutch have omitted Edgar Davids from their squad which suprised me.

Gray

PS - sorry for tagging this message onto your post (which orginally had nothing to do with football), hope this hasn't offended anyone. :oops:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed May 10, 2006 1:50 am

Hello Gray. I bet you and most sports fans are getting a little bit excited at the moment. I can't believe that the World Cup is now only a month away from starting. Doesnt time fly, it just seems like we've had christmas, and already were into May.
Let's hope England can qualify from their group. Then Wayne Rooney can make a miraculous recovery and play a big role in the latter stages of the tournament. Anyway the rest he is having now will do him good, it will recharge his batteries a bit longer.
But first there is Middlesborough tomorrow night (tonight now), in the UEFA Cup Final. Then next week the big one Arsenal v. Barcelona in the Champions League Final. I know that there are not many British players involved for Arsenal, apart from Sol Campbell, at the moment. But we have to wish them well, as they are representing England. Let us hope the match is half as exciting as Liverpool's victory last season.
Going back to the world cup squad, should Sven have included 17 year old Theo Walcott in the squad. ?? I know he is fast, but he hasn't had any experience in the Premiership yet, let alone on the international stage. Even when Wayne Rooney had played quite a lot of games for Everton, people were saying he was too inexperienced and too young to play for England. So Theo Walcott has had a lot less experience than Rooney had at his age. So I think it is a big gamble, but let's hope it comes off, if he is needed at any time during the tournament.
I just think Sven is remembering the impact a young Michael Owen had on the England team at the 1998 world cup finals.

My tears will fall now that your gone :(

Gray

Post by Gray » Wed May 10, 2006 8:48 pm

Hi Robert

Thanks for replying.

I would of been totally cool about Walcott's inclusion into the England squad - if Sven had picked another striker and Theo was the fifth...if this makes sense!?
Defoe must be gutted not to make the squad - I know he has not played every game for Spurs this season, but he has played in the Premiership..which is something Walcott hasn't! - and he has international experience.
I did see Theo Walcott play for Soton earlier this season at Leeds - he was electric! Like lightening - and my team Leeds struggled to cope with his explosive pace.
Let's hope this huge gamble plays off!
A month to go! Can't wait!

Gray

Return to “Site feedback”