A Pay Of Respect

Post your site problems, questions or comments
Gent Francis

A Pay Of Respect

Post by Gent Francis » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:11 pm

Hi all and a big thank you to the admin and family involved in this splendid Matt Monro Website. I have been a fan of Matt from my childhood and still appreciate his smooth mellow voice and phrasing that inspire you to be proud of being from the same country of such a tower of a talent. Matt unfortunately did not achieve the heights and respect in this country that he should of in my opinion and i think if Frank Sinatra could see it, what on earth was this county thinking! anyway i digress.

I am a 36 year old fan who is absolutely delighted with the site and forum to the memory of Matt.

I used to be a performer in London and the Isle Of Wight from my mid teens - my late twenties and the most requested songs was of course Matt so you can guess i had total job satisfaction :P

So here i am Paying My Respects to the Man, His Music that was an inspiration to everyone he touched.

So Salute Mr Monro and all involved with mattmonro.com.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi welcome to you, and this brilliant web-site. We all love Matt, but there are also lots of postings on all sorts of subjects---have a look through some of the postings, and you will see what I mean. Everyone is football-crazy at the moment, but we will be back to normal soon---hopefully!!!

Marian
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:33 pm

Hello Mariana44, Gent and everyone. Welcome to the website Gent. Mariana44 we don't want the football to end too soon, as that would mean England would be on their way home earlier than we would like them to be. As there is alway's more interest, while England are still involved in the tournament.
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:54 pm

Hi -Robert, no of course I did not mean that I want England to come back home--naturally I want them to carry on and win--I just meant that when it's all over, and we have WON the World Cup, then things will be back to normal--about 3 weeks to go , isn't it?

Marian
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:20 am

Hello Mariana44 and everyone. England winning the World Cup, that's jumping the gun a bit isn't it Mariana44. We shouldn't put a jinx on them, like that. :) :)

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:43 am

Hi Gent, Along with Marian and Robert we also say welcome, and our prime reason for being here is because of our love for Matt, and when England have lifted the World Cup Trophy no doubt we should all be our normal selves again.
Enjoy browsing Gent and join in with our discussions and opinions of any other favourite artists and musicians. :)

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:09 am

Hi Robert---now we need some positivity from you too--Lena and Harry are also convinced we will win the World Cup, and once agaon "Football's coming home". Marian
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:03 pm

Hello Mariana44 and everyone. But the way England played last night against Sweden you couldn't say they were capable of winning the World Cup, at the moment. Sweden hit the woodwork on three occasion's last night, England were very lucky. !! They have to improve to have any chance of winning the World Cup Mariana44, especially now Micheal Owen is out, England are short of quality striker's.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:13 pm

Mmm, Robert--you could be right!

I have to say that I am no expert---but looking on the bright side---things can only get better---can't they??

Marian
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Hi Mariana44 and all. Yes thing's can only get better, if they don't England will be on their way home soon. :( :(

Michele Monro

Welcome

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:29 pm

Welcome to the website Gent, in particular this area, I love to hear from everyone especially when we can welcome a new member into our bosum, so to speak.
Great to hear your lovely comments, they are so appreciated and I hope it won't be too long before we can congratulate you on joining the 100 Club!

Return to “Site feedback”