Questions from June 2011 News Update

All news and announcements regarding publication of 'Special Reserve'
paul jh

Questions from June 2011 News Update

Post by paul jh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm not sure I understand this from the June 2011 news. My questions appear after the quote.

"When the book first went to bed, Titan did not do what they promised, in that the proofing stages were for the most part ignored and so the first edition had a number of unnecessary mistakes. I was able to correct these and add quotes by Pete Conway and Robbie Williams in later editions (we are on the 5th reprint at the moment). With that in mind I want to ensure the paperback is faultless, the trouble is that the format changes because of the size and font layouts so I have had to start from scratch. This has to go to print in July to be ready for the September release of not just the paperback but also the EBook.

Since the release of the special edition last year Special Reserve, Richard and I have continued with our research and have unearthed quite a lot of new content. I am now having the book reprinted with an additional 16 pages of content and I am hoping to have the edition available as an upgrade to anyone that originally purchased the set."

I think I have the first edition of the book as I ordered it quickly from the bookdepository. I want to get the paperback at the paperback book launch, but I'm not sure it will have the Pete Conway and Robbie Williams quotes, which I really want to see.

I think you're saying that an updated and improved Special Reserve will be available for purchase. Is that correct? Or maybe you're only offering the updated booklet for the people who purchased the Special Reserve last year. I didn't order it as I was waiting for the "unknown" to be fixed for Star Eyes. I guess I did the right thing to wait since there is additional material added. Will the latest updated version of the book be included in the Special Reserve?

Michele Monro

Re: Questions from June 2011 News Update

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:12 am

The quotes from Robbie and Pete are in all editions after the 4th reprint and will most certainly be in the paperback. The paperback is now going to be an exact duplicate of the hardback rather than an abridged version that Titan wanted to run with.

The updated special edition second book (the one with all the annotated sessions, full discography etc) is being updated, another 16 pages of information. This is ONLY going to be available to those that have already bought the set last year. There are only 20 copies being printed and it is something that I am paying for myself. At this moment the hardback book in the special is the original print and it slightly varies from the one that is sold singly in the shops (it has dad's signature etc). I am trying to persuade Titan to update the special completely and then make it available through amazon as usual. I am waiting on an answer.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Glad the paperback will be identical to the hardback, as I'm going to buy my mum it when it comes out :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks for the explanation Michele. That makes perfect sense.

I'm very pleased that the paperback is not going to be an abridged version. That will be the perfect version for highlighting and annotations. I may have to buy several copies. I just hope I have room with everything else I plan to purchase on this trip. :)

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Richard and Michele,
I don't know if anyone is reading this thread nowadays, no posts in a long while.
Just want to say that I'm thrilled with my new Special Reserve edition set.
The CD is wonderful! I LOVE it all! Some really funny stuff on this from Matt, as well as beauties, as usual.
Dreamdust, Alladin's Lamp, Mama Will Bark, a different version of Portrait, I love it ALL, every bit of the CD.

And I don't agree with whoever said that "Pagliacci" is bad. It's very entertaining (too bad about the awful piano playing, but that adds to the quirky feeling of this one, I guess). I've never heard the English translation before, and thanks to Matt for singing it! Thanks for making it available.

This hardcopy of the book was worth making this additional purchase, even though I already have the paperback.
The images of your family photos on the endpapers are PRECIOUS, Michele! Very dear, thank you for sharing these images.

Thank you Michele and Richard, I'm very happy to have this in my Matt collection.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Your post has brought this to the top again, Lindy. So Michele and Richard will see it.

So good to know how much you are enjoying the "Special Reserve"---the cd is so special.
Mariana

Return to “Special Edition”