Special Reserve

All news and announcements regarding publication of 'Special Reserve'
Administrator
Site Admin

Special Reserve

Post by Administrator » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:37 pm

This edition is one that I really had to fight for, and as such we still do not have a release date other than February. As you might now know the trade book isn't going to bed until Monday 4th January and obviously that has to come first before the second book goes to print but I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes to plan. The new visuals are featured on the opening pages of the website and I am really pleased how they look.

One thing that the special edition includes in a special CD and that is something that is ONLY available to this edition. I will not release it anywhere else and I am thrilled to include some real rarities. Admittedly some are not up to the greatest broadcast quality but Richard has weaved his magic and done a stellar job, as always. I weighed up the decision and decided it is better to make it available than not at all, especially the Camay advert and more importantly the Pagliacci, which is a real treat.

The full track titles are available through the opening pages of the website but I think you will agree it is a very exciting list. More importantly they have been included because they specifically apply to stories featured in the book itself.

Richard has excelled himself and produced the Annotated Sessions for inclusion and it includes every session dad ever did and what was recorded and when. There is also a worldwide discography, a television and radio listing as well as hundreds (well it feels like that) of rare photographs of dad.

I know it won't be cheap but for those that do buy it, I hope it is the definitive collector's item for your vast collections.

Don Cooper

Re: Special Reserve

Post by Don Cooper » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Man on telephone: " Do you have a book called The Singer's Singer:The Life and Music of Matt Monro by M.Monro?
You do? Splendid!
Could you save it for me...?
My name?
Well, to tell the truth,there are many more than me, how long have you got?"

(With a fishy-nod to a certain J.R.R. Hartley. And profuse apologies to the many who will not have the
slightest idea/clue of what I write.Hope the rest of you do :?: :lol: )
Matt : Smooth, but not Glossy...

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:04 am

Hi Don, all I can say to that is...................Accrington Stanley :wink: ....................both of the said "adverts" pop up in the present TV ad :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Don Cooper

Post by Don Cooper » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 am

Hi,Robert. I'm a secret lemonade? drinker. That's my feeble excuse... :wink:

(I had forgot about that new ad.)

Don

adriatikfan

Post by adriatikfan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Is there any indication yet please of the price and availability of this special edition.

Best Wishes
David

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 am

Don't think so as yet, I cannot find any info yet :|

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Check out Micheles post in "New Details".

The book wil be available Feb 1st-price to be announced tomorrow !!
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Tomorrow has now gone :wink: but still no price :wink: ?

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:58 pm

The official release date for the special edition 'Special Reserve' is confirmed for Monday 1 February and will be available from old faithful amazon a few days before that

If any of you would like to pre-order the set, it is available now from Titan Publishing at £49.99

http://titanexclusives.myshopify.com/co ... al-reserve

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 am

£49.99 seems a little pricey, but I'm sure Amazon will sell it at a cheaper price, as they are selling the "ordinary" edition at just over £12 :)

Don Cooper

Post by Don Cooper » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 am

What price Genius ? :)

Don

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 am

Yes, you are right Don, but £49.99 will put people off buying at that price, but Amazon WILL discount it :wink:

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:06 am

Amazon appear to have dropped their pre-order price for the standard copy again Robert. :|
Just wondering if the main book in both editions will be exactly the same? and will the Special Reserve copies sold by Amazon be signed, as they will be through Titan Books?
Marian :)

Don Cooper

Post by Don Cooper » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 am

It would be heartening to believe the Amazon price-drop is a consequence of an increased Titan
first printing,following-on from the demonstrable media interest in the Work(s) :?:

Don

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 am

The Titan Price is a special pre-order price and I suspect the price will actually only be matched by Amazon - Special editions are expensive to produce - higher overheads for fewer numbers - hence the price.

This project has taken three years for Michele and I to complete - the information included in the second book, in particular the Annotated Session listings took me personally three years, with new information being found right up to the print deadline. NONE of this information is available anywhere else. If you don't think that and a CD full of VERY rare material is worth the extra money, fair enough just buy the standard edition for as cheap as you can get it!

Once this edition is gone, it's gone - Best of luck trying to get it cheaper on ebay then!!

Richard

Return to “Special Edition”