Lovely Letters

All news and announcements regarding publication of 'Special Reserve'
Michele Monro

Lovely Letters

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 pm

If this were a different product, I would likely skip it, however, on a personal level I am a new singer and Matt Monro is one of my greatest inspirations, so the Reserve Edition would hold very special meaning for me. went ahead and purchased the Reserve Edition, and look forward to receiving this item.

My gratitude to you Michele, your family, and all who worked to assemble the Reserve Edition. Your father's music is a work of timeless elegance which uplifts the human spirit, reminding us to cherish the wonder of every unfolding moment in our lives.

Thank you again, take care and best wishes.

Gratefully & Respectfully,

Gil John Espinoza
Last edited by Michele Monro on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mariana44

Re: Lovely Letter

Post by mariana44 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 am

It must make you really proud to get letters like that Michele-but no more than you deserve.

I am anxiously awaiting my "Special Reserve" to arrive.
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:57 am

We hope that letters like this one will help to make you feel it's all been worthwhile Michele. :)
Going to set aside time and try to finish the book tomorrow. feet up, tea on the go, ..sheer bliss :wink: :wink: :D :D

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Dear Michele,

I just wanted to tell you that the “special book” arrived today. One look at the main book, the soft cover book and the accompanying CD, tells you what a labor of love this is. I can’t wait to scroll through the pages and listen to this most unique CD. My good friend Ric Ross – who is considered one of the most notable Sinatra historians here in the States – received his package today as well. Can’t wait for us to compare notes.

Thanks once again for keeping the flame lit to illuminate the career of one of the most beautiful balladeer’s of our time.

Regards,

Michael Brockman

Michele Monro

Re: Lovely Letters

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Hello Michele

Royal Mail parcels have just delivered my copy of Matt Monro Special Reserve edition from Titan publishing.

What a joy...What a treasure...warmest congratulations to you and all concerned. What a wonderful tribute to your father and a significant and invaluable resource to his countless admirers.
Thanks and kindest regards

Geoff Thompson

Michele Monro

Lovely Letters

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi Michele,

The package arrived this morning and I have had a very hard time to putting it down. Quite simply, it is WONDERFUL and you should feel quite proud of your efforts. I haven't played all of the cd but I had to play "Mama Will Bark". What a hoot! I can't wait to read about how your Dad came to record this song.

I have been a popular and jazz music archivist for over 50 years and your books are a treasure.

Your final words say it all...."Through his music Matt lives on. He is irreplaceable."

Ric Ross

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 am

FANTASTIC to read these reactions with worthy praise and compliments. :) :)

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Michele Monro wrote:Dear Michele,

I just wanted to tell you that the “special book” arrived today. One look at the main book, the soft cover book and the accompanying CD, tells you what a labor of love this is. I can’t wait to scroll through the pages and listen to this most unique CD. My good friend Ric Ross – who is considered one of the most notable Sinatra historians here in the States – received his package today as well. Can’t wait for us to compare notes.

Thanks once again for keeping the flame lit to illuminate the career of one of the most beautiful balladeer’s of our time.

Regards,

Michael Brockman
Michael is also one of my e-listers on Tony Bennett

Michele Monro

Lovely Letters

Post by Michele Monro » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Michele,
My copy of Special Reserve was delivered this morning from Titan. At first glance it looks fantastic and I can't wait to get started on it.
The whole presentaion pack is excellent and many congratulations to you in the first place and Titan Publishing for producing such a fine product. Your Dad would be very proud of what you have done.
We have our first meeting of the year at The Nostalgia Music Society tonight, and I shall be taking the book along with me.

Best Wishes,

Mick White
Chairman of the Syd Lawrence Orchestra Society

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 am

Just had an e-mail from Michael(Brockman)asking where his letter was to be seen.
I gave him directions.
'LOVELY LETTERS' indeed. :D :D :D

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi Michele,
Just had to let you know, that we did in the end send for your book, and are we glad we did, it is wonderful, we are not surprised that it took you so long in getting it together, the first chapter," Softly As I Leave You......" I must say I had tears on my cheeks, but I just can't explain how I felt when I continued, I kept saying to Ted did you know this & did you know that, all he said was just hurry up and read it so I can read it, and I told him it wasn't a book you could rush, It really does you proud, and we love the photos of all of you as a family, and of the people he knew, who couldn't help but like him, what a wonderful man. What I was amazed at was the fact that your Grandfather (Parsons) was buried in Chingford Mount Cemetery, both Ted & I were born & bred in Chingford, and Ted's maternal Grandfather was buried there the same year.

Thank you once again for such a wonderful book, and the Special Reserve Beyond The Life, and the CD is out of this world, there is only one word WONDERFUL, Thank You
Lilian & Ted Knightley.

Return to “Special Edition”