Matt Jnr at Camberley

A chip off the old block or what!!!
Marian

Matt Jnr at Camberley

Post by Marian » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:44 am

Being my first evening out in quite a long time I was really looking forward to seeing Matt Jr again last night at the Camberley Theatre. Even though it is only a 40 minute drive from where we live, we hadn't been there before.
It is quite a small theatre, so has a more intimate atmosphere than some larger venues. Free parking after 6p.m. too!
I'd forgotten that this tour it is just Matt and Colin on stage, as the show has new format since we last went.
Although the comedy element between Matt and Colin follows the same pattern as previously, with the addition of Orville the duck, the song list has several new songs and is more on the theme of singers that influenced both Matt and his father to first set foot on the stage. As we all know, singers like Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jnr were big influences in Matt Senior's life, and Neil Diamond and the Beatles in Matt Jnr's. (amongst others.) We were treated to familiar numbers associated with these entertainers and some completely new songs and new arrangements from Matt himself.
We enjoyed the show, although the sound was somewhat blurred and 'booming' at times, obliterating some of the words. Not due to Matt or Colin's performances at all, but the additional background 'music'.
We all enjoyed a sing along to Neil Diamond's songs although a few more voices would have added to the overall atmosphere I'm sure.
We saw Matt for a brief catch-up after the show, and it was lovely to meet up again with Simmi and Sazsa too.
I'm sure all three travelling together on the road must have livened up Matt's journeys between gigs wonderfully!!!!!!
Keep up the good work girls.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

maureen & harry

Re: Matt Jnr at Camberley

Post by maureen & harry » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 pm

We enjoyed reading about your trip to see Matt Jnr and it sounds a very nice mixture of songs and comedy especially Matt singing new songs.

Having Orville on stage with Matt & Colin is a new one on us too.

Glad you were able to meet up with Matt after the show for a chat as we know he likes to do this.

Maureen & Harry :D :D

john

Re: Matt Jnr at Camberley

Post by john » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Pleased you enjoyed the show Marian, it was nice that you could meet up with Matt after the show. :)

Return to “Matt Monro Jnr.”