Pitshanger Lane Book Shop - Wednesday 19 May

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I am delighted to announce that I am going to be appearing at the Pitshanger Lane Book shop on Wednesday 19 May. The owner Walter Wyeth is charming and runs a wonderfully tight ship, preserving what is so rare these days, a privately owned book shop.

It will take place in the evening and I will be giving a small talk and take questions from the invited audience. I will of course give you more details when we confirm them.

http://www.pitshangerbooks.co.uk

paul jh

Re: Pitshanger Lane Book Shop

Post by paul jh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 pm

This sounds like a great event. I just visited their website.

I hope to come over for one of these book signings. I'm waiting for airfare sales, which are not occuring very frequently anymore. :(

A couple questions:

Will the Special Reserve be available for purchase at all book signings? I'm concerned it will be sold out immediately. I prefer to bring my books back from the UK instead of ordering and paying high shipping charges.

Will you sign multiple copies of The Singer's Singer? (This will make for very special presents.)

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Paul, If you are willing to fly over from the States, you are of course invited to the main book launch at Ronnie Scotts on Wednesday 27th January. As the event is offered to invited guests only, I would need to know as soon as possible. Just let me know.

With regards to any of the others, whichever you come to, I will ensure the special edition is waiting there for you. Just let me know in advance. There is no reason why you can't purchase multiple items.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Has a specific date been set for this book signing/Q & A session?

Michele Monro

Re: Pitshanger Lane Book Shop - Wednesday 19 May

Post by Michele Monro » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:46 pm

The date has been set in stone - Wednesday 19 May at 7.00pm. I will be reading a few extracts which will be followed by a question and answer session and then signing books for anyone wanting it.
Hope to see you there.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:32 pm

This book shop has a friendly and welcoming appearance from what we can see, and we know that privately owned bookshops are becoming rare.
Our local bookshop in Kilburn High Road has been there for years and is closing down at the end of the month. :(

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:01 am

Selfishly I hope it gets delayed again, as May 18 doesn't work for me and I really wanted to go to a book signing. This one sounds really nice with the readings and the Q & A.

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Thu May 20, 2010 12:53 am

What a wonderful evening tonight was and a big thank you goes out to bookshop owners Walter and Bee Wyeth for inviting me down to Pitshanger Book Shop. The event was so well organised and on arrival a healthy crowd was waiting. As this was an evening event I wanted to do more than just a book signing so as well as reading extracts of the book, I had made up a special Cd of extremely rare music of dads to play in between the readings. We had a small interval after an hour and then continued int he same vein finishing on a question and answer session. I say finishing but of course I then did pose for photographs and sign books. It was a delight and I do hope there will be more opportunities of doing something unique like this and meeting many more of you.

I think I speak on behalf of everybody when I say It was a great night filled with people who enjoy great music. May dad's legacy live on.

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu May 20, 2010 7:48 am

Very pleased to hear it went so well Michele. :D

MarkSapsford

Post by MarkSapsford » Thu May 20, 2010 10:21 am

I want to add to what Michele has said about the evening at Pitshanger Book Shop , Ealing

It was a wonderful evening, poignant and also light hearted too.
Hearing some of her dads rarer recordings was simply delightful.

I throughly recommend if you havent yet, attending one of these book signing sessions. They are informative, and enjoyable.
And to purchase the book which is the true story of a true legend.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu May 20, 2010 8:36 pm

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Fri May 21, 2010 1:29 am

Thanks for the reports, Michele and Mark, and for the photos, Richard. Sounds like a perfect evening.

Return to “Wednesday 19 May 2010 - Pitshanger Lane Book Shop”