Letter from Barbara Melton

All reviews welcome (but only if they're good!!)
Michele Monro

Letter from Barbara Melton

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 am

Hello Michele,

I hope you get to see this email. I finished reading your wonderful book about your father on Saturday – I had to finish it before I went shopping with my daughter. You have put together a most beautiful tribute any daughter could do for her father. It took me a while (since Christmas) to read it because of all the many details to soak up. In the end, I was reading it slower because I didn’t want to finish it. Oh and the tears at the end – well, and the beginning too! I won’t be able to hear “Softly” without a tear now.

My mother took me to see Born Free many years ago and not only did I sob because of Elsa but I remember even then, Matt’s voice made me cry all the more. My mother ended up hissing at me “if you don’t stop, I won’t bring you to the cinema again”!! I still can’t watch that film.

Whilst I am at work, I have just heard the song Walk Away on the radio. Everything stopped for a few minutes.

Thank you for giving me such pleasure in reading a book. It will be treasured for the future.

Best wishes

Barbara Melton

maureen & harry

Re: Letter from Barbara Melton

Post by maureen & harry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

That was a really good review Barbara.

We agree with everything you said :D :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 am

Funnily enough, I have just mentioned on another page our mum taking us to the cinema in the 60's too :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

cmartin_ok

Post by cmartin_ok » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 pm

I have very vague recollections of being taken to the cinema by my parents to see "Born Free" when we were on holiday in Bournemouth and it was raining; this would have been a long time ago (and I have very very few memories of my childhood)
Please call me Chris, and see some of my photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmartin_ok

Return to “Reviews”